Flu season is quickly to be in full swing within the UK, with October marking the start of the epidemic. Whereas the virus can really feel like a typical chilly to many individuals, it could pose critical well being dangers to sure teams. The sickness can depart individuals uncovered to growing issues comparable to pneumonia. Flu vaccines are freed from cost for these in weak teams – here’s a listing of these eligible.
The injected flu vaccine is obtainable freed from cost on the NHS to people who find themselves in danger.
These embody people who find themselves:
- 65 years previous or over
- Have sure medical situations
- Residing in a long-stay residential care dwelling or one other long-stay care facility
- Obtain a carer’s allowance, or who’re the principle carer for an aged or disabled particular person whose welfare could also be in danger in the event that they fall ailing
- Frontline well being and social care employees are additionally eligible to obtain the flu vaccine. It is an employer’s accountability to rearrange and pay for this vaccine.
An individual might also be capable of have the flu vaccine at their GP surgical procedure or an area pharmacy providing the service in the event that they’re a frontline well being or social care employee employed by a:
- Registered residential care or nursing dwelling
- Registered homecare organisation
The flu vaccine is free on the NHS for:
- Kids over the age of six months with a long-term well being situation
- Kids aged two and three years on 31 August 2019 (that’s, born between 1st September 2015 and 31 August 2017)
- Kids in major faculty
How efficient is the flu vaccine?
In response to…